1. There is one true and living God who exists as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He created all that exists out of nothing. He alone is King, Savior and Judge of the world.
2. God has spoken to us in human language in the Bible. This revelation from God is without error, authoritative, and sufficient to guide us to know who He is and what is required of us to live with true freedom and joy.
3. God has created men and women in His own image, unique and special of all that has been created. Although our first parents were made to be good and able to obey God they turned away from Him and brought sin, death and sorrow into the world.
4. God has not left us in spiritual darkness but has acted in human history to give us life, to offer pardon for our sins and to reconcile us to fellowship with Him. This was done by God’s provision of a Mediator who has fully redeemed all who believe in the free offer of the Gospel.
5. The Mediator is Jesus of Nazareth, the only Redeemer and the only provision for our salvation. He is the true eternal God who became a real man. He lived a life of perfect holiness and love. He was crucified as a substitute for sinful men in order to satisfy the demands of justice and righteousness and was raised from the dead on the third day. It is by His finished work on the cross and our trust in Him alone that we are made right before God.
6. The Gospel is (1) the true story of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus and (2) the promises that flow from that of forgiveness of sins, new life in Christ, adoption as God’s children and the sure hope of eternal life. God’s plan for us is to have the Gospel as the center of every area of life so that each aspect is brought under the joyful Lordship of Jesus Christ.
7. The church is the called out, new community of those God has redeemed, who belong to his kingdom and in whom his Spirit lives. The church is God’s plan for declaring His glory among all people. It is called to glorify and enjoy Him both as we gather for worship and teaching and as we are about our day-to-day vocations, serving Him in our city.
8. Jesus Christ will return visibly and physically as judge of the nations in an event of such power and glory that all injustice will be set right and all the pain and sorrow of His people will be turned into everlasting joyful praise.